Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jesus for Sale


These t-shirts are not only cheesy, but they make me sad. A lot of people wonder why a person like myself- who graduated from a Bible college- hasn't gone to church in a couple years. Well, look at this picture. This is part of the reason. Some churches I've looked at actually have a "bookstore" in them. Others have relationships with bookstores and end up teaching from books/curriculum as much as the actual Bible- and recommending you go buy the book (i.e. Purpose Driven Life- 23 million copies). And don't even get me started on how much $ a person can spend on a Bible. Jesus is big business. Sad when you look at the scripture to see what Jesus himself actually thought about this type of behavior. "It is written," [Jesus] said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it a 'den of robbers.'" (Matthew 21:13) Hmm... using Jesus/God for financial gain- sounds like a den of robbers to me.

1 comment:

nathan said...

"jesus died for pedro" thats damn funny