Friday, August 25, 2006

Random ramblings- no wonder I named my blog random thoughts

Sometimes I think about my place in this world. Why the heck am I here? Most people go around chasing money like it's the reason for existence. To me, that's not the be all end all. Money is nice, sometimes I'd like to have more, but it all goes away in the end. I'm starting on the path to having a culinary career. There's not a lot of money for an entry level cook. Do I aspire to be more than a cook someday- yes. Do I aspire to drive a Rolls and be a powerful executive chef that operates 15 restaurants? Not really. I'd like to have enough to live, but I don't want to be a greedy corporate guy. I'd like to own a restaurant someday. A little Ma & Pop type place. I know, it sounds old school, but I think this is a part of America that needs to stick around. I don't want to live in a world where your options are McDonalds and Denny's. Keep small/local businesses alive in America! Maybe that is part of the reason I'm here.

2 comments:

Paul said...

you're wack.

nathan said...

mo money mo problems